Moving home can be a daunting task as it is, and for those of you who want to try using your own car to move home, there can be more to think about than you may realise.
Try following our helpful tips to get you on your way.
1. Get a friend to help you, as this will save time when loading and unloading the car, and you could share the driving or even use two cars. Time and energy are something you could find yourself running low on by moving day.
2. Pack using smaller boxes as they will fit into smaller spaces inside your car. On the floor, behind the front seats is a good place to stack smaller boxes to maximise space and you can perhaps lie the backseats flat for any larger items. You will be able to pack more in which will reduce the number of trips, the overall time taken and the cost of fuel.
3. Pack detergents and toiletries in plastic boxes to help safeguard against unwanted leaks or spills inside your car.
4. Make sure you fill up with fuel and carry out basic vehicle checks before moving day, including checking levels such as oil and water.
5. Check that it is economical to use your own car. Depending on how far you are moving, the size of your car, how much you need to move and the cost of fuel, you could find that it takes more time and money than you thought. Try to estimate how many trips you might need to make and work out the cost of fuel before making any final decisions.
Moving home using your car can be a viable option if you do not have large furniture to move, but is not always suitable for everyone’s requirements. If you are still unsure after reading our tips, we would be happy to have a chat about your needs and provide you with a quote for our stress-free removal service.